- General Litigation and General Dispute Resolution
- Corporate, Contractual and Commercial Disputes
- Banking and Financial Disputes
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Forensic Investigation
Ariff is an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and a practicing Barrister-at-Law.
Ariff began his legal career in 1989 with a leading international law firm in London, United Kingdom. From 1991 to June 2003 he practised as a Barrister at Temple, London. He returned to Malaysia in 2003 and joined Zaid Ibrahim & Co as a Partner. Ariff was head of the Disputes Resolution department at Zaid Ibrahim & Co until he left in April 2015. Ariff founded Ariff Rozhan & Co in April 2015 and is its Managing Partner.
Ariff has practiced law for more than 27 years. Ariff began his career at an international city law firm in London, and thereafter, practiced as a Barrister for over 12 years in London, England, where he was instructed as Counsel at various levels of the Judicial System in England and Wales. In Zaid Ibrahim & Co, he managed the firm’s Dispute Resolution department and was on the Executive Committee, whilst continuing to conduct cases in complex claims and disputes, in a wide range of fields including, arbitration, corporate and commercial disputes, insurance and reinsurance, banking, administrative, insolvency and contractual matters. He also has extensive experience in cases where forensic investigation is required. His clients include a number of local and international banks, major local and international corporations, statutory bodies and local authorities.
In November 2015, Ariff set up the Chambers of Ariff Rozhan in London, England, from where he recommenced his practice as a Barrister.
Ariff has also been authorised by the Bar Council of England & Wales to “Conduct Litigation” and is registered to accept instructions via Direct Access. Ariff has been recommended by peers, as a “top litigation expert”.
He was ranked as the leading Litigation and Dispute Resolution practitioner in Malaysia by Chambers Asia Pacific 2012 and was named as a “Local Disputes Star” by Benchmark Asia-Pacific 2013 and 2014. Asialaw Profiles has also named Ariff as one of Malaysia’s Leading Lawyers for 2016 and 2017.
In February 2017, Ariff won the International Client Choice Award (2017) for the Litigation Category in Malaysia and was recognised as a Litigator that stands apart for the excellent client care and quality of service he provides.
Examples of what clients say about Ariff are set out below:
- Ariff is an exceptional litigator, he can craft arguments out of the box to support our claims and our defences.
- He is effectively our go to lawyer when we require urgent resolution of matters, he thinks strategically and commercially.
- He communicates very well with both legal and business teams, he is available at a moment’s notice, he delivers as promised and he meets all deadlines.
- He is an impressive advocate who anyone would want looking after their interests.
- Ariff is a responsive lawyer, he has good technical knowledge.
- Ariff is able to understand complex issues and turn them into simpler and smaller problems which are much easier to resolve.
- His advice is clear, unambiguous and complete in its scope.
- The speed at which Ariff manages to absorb large amounts of data and get a clear understanding of the many issues relating to the matter is very impressive.
- Ariff provides excellent services, he demonstrates high commitment to his clients.
- The work of Ariff and his team is exemplary.
Ariff is also an Independent Non-Executive Director of a public listed company in Malaysia where he was acting Chairman of the Board in 2013 and 2014, and Chairman of the Audit Committee from 2012 to 2014. Ariff is also a member of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
Education & QualifIcations
- LLB, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- Barrister-at-law, Inner Temple
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court Malaya
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Bahasa Malaysia (Malay)