- General Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Civil Disputes
- Private Client
Ezane is an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and a Barrister-at-Law.
Before she joined Ariff Rozhan & Co, she was a partner at Skrine, one of Malaysia’s largest law firms, where she trained as a pupil and where she worked for 14 years.
Ezane focuses primarily on civil and commercial litigation, family law and private client work. She has represented clients in a variety of industries at all levels of the judicial process and has accumulated a number of reported cases in the Malaysian and English law journals.
In 2016, Ezane was elected as a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, a worldwide association of practising lawyers who are recognised by their peers as the most experienced and skilled family law specialists in their respective countries. Fellowship of the Academy is by-invitation only.
Ezane has also given evidence as an expert on Malaysian family law and on family law related disputes, for courts in England and the USA.
In June 2018, Ezane was named as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific.
She is also the exclusive winner of the International Client Choice Award for Litigation in Malaysia (2015). Client Choice recognises lawyers from around the world that stand apart for the excellent client care they provide and the quality of their service.
Examples of a few quotes from clients about Ezane are set out below:
- Ezane would go the extra mile and think outside the box regarding the various issues surrounding the case she is handling and provides recommendations for actions that cover different possible outcomes or changes in circumstance.
- She protects her clients’ best interests and can do so because she understands her clients’ businesses.
- We were highly impressed with the professional expertise she showed by handling the matter successfully within a short period of time.
- She was very articulate, precise and well-focused in our discussions displaying a high level of self-esteem and integrity.
- She is very quick to respond and ensures that she never misses any of our deadlines.
- Ms Ezane demonstrates at all times that she is fully aware and in control of the status of our cases.
- We can be assured that she will act in our best interest with integrity, and in respect of our requests/instructions, she does not simply brush them aside but gives due consideration if they are legally permissible or possible.
- Her advice is to the point, she does not digress or confuse her clients.
Ezane is also a qualified advocacy trainer having been trained and selected by the Advocacy Training Council of England and Wales to teach advocacy to pupils and young lawyers.
She also provides legal advice and representation, pro-bono, to those who qualify for legal aid, through the Bar Council Legal Aid Centre.
- Division of Matrimonial Assets; “Legal Insights Issue 1/2015, March 2015.”
- Contributor to Personal Money, the Edge Weekly (week of 9-15 February 2015) under column; “Ask the Experts” on managing inherited wealth.
- Interview by “Personal Money; “(The Edge) April 2013 Issue, on how women can protect themselves financially in the event of divorce.”
- The Final Word; “Effectiveness of postnuptial agreements; Legal Insights Issue 3/2014, December 2013.”
- Breaking-Up is Hard to Do; “Ways in which couples may seek to dissolve their marriage”; Legal Insights Issue 4/2013, December 2013.”
- Court Adoptions in West Malaysia; “Legal Insights Issue 3/2013, September 2013.”
- Rights of Biological Parents vs Adoptive Parents; “Legal Insights Issue 3/2011, September 2011.”
- UK Supreme Court Upholds Prenuptial Agreement; “Legal Insights Issue 4/2010, December 2010.”
- Prenuptial Agreements; “Legal Insights Issue 1/2008, March 2008.”
- The Great Eastern Life Assurance Co. Ltd. v. Indra Janardhana Menon  4 CLJ 717, Federal Court Reaffirms Existing Law of Limitations for Actions Founded on Contract; “Legal Insights Issue 1/2006, March 2006.”
- Fellow, the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Committee Member, Bar Council Family Law Committee, Rules Sub-Committee, a committee set-up to review the existing Divorce and Matrimonial Proceedings Rules 1980
- Member, Malaysia Inner Temple Alumni Association (former Assistant Honorary Secretary, subsequently Honorary Secretary (2009 – 2015)
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers, Malaysia
Education & QualifIcations
- LLB (Hons), University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Barrister-at-law, the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court Malaya
- Bahasa Malaysia (Malay)